Agam A. Shah, M.D.
Sports Medicine, Shoulder, Elbow, Hip, Knee, Ankle, Total Joint Replacement & Pediatric Orthopedics
Returning my patients back to health is a satisfying experience.
Dr. Shah has been with Orthopedics New England since 2007. Originally from Attleboro, Massachusetts, Dr. Shah received his medical degree from the University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey. After completing a surgical internship from Tufts Medical Center, Dr. Shah completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery from the same institution. From there, he underwent a fellowship in orthopaedic sports medicine at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
In addition to his clinical and surgical commitments, Dr. Shah serves as Assistant Clinical Professor at Tufts Medical Center, Department of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitative Medicine. He is also a Staff Surgeon at Newton-Wellesley Hospital and MetroWest Medical Center. When not seeing patients, Dr. Shah enjoys spending time with his family, exercising, and playing tennis.
Dr. Shah is certified by the
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Shah has been recognized and awarded with:
- Vitals.com Compassionate Doctor Award – 5 Year Honoree (2015-2018, 2020)
- Vitals.com Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015-2018, 2020)
- Vitals.com Patients’ Choice Award (2011-2018)
- Vitals.com On-Time Doctor Award (2014-2018)
- Vitals.com Top 10™ Doctor Recognition: Massachusetts, Greater Boston Area, City-Newton Lower Falls & Neighborhood-Waban (2014)
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011-2018)
Dr. Shah's Memberships:
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- The Massachusetts Orthopaedic Association
- New England Shoulder & Elbow Society
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Shah's Official Team Affiliations:
- Holliston High School
- Millis High School
Meet Our Physician Assistants
At Orthopedics New England, our physician assistants work closely with our physicians to provide the highest level of care for our patients.