Sean E. Rockett, M.D.
Shoulder & Knee, Sports Medicine, Knee & Hip Replacements
Knowing that I made a difference in my patients’ lives is truly a rewarding experience. Whether it was throwing a touchdown, being able to sleep through the night, or being able to dance at their son’s wedding, I love hearing that my patients are back to enjoying life again.
Dr. Rockett has been with Orthopedics New England since 1999 and is the senior partner. A native of Brookline, Dr. Rockett received his bachelor of arts degree in biology from Harvard University. Following that, he completed his medical degree at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston and his internship in general surgery from Tufts Medical Center. From there, Dr. Rockett finished his residency in orthopaedic surgery from the same institution.
In addition to his clinical and surgical duties at Orthopedics New England, Dr. Rockett serves as Assistant Clinical Professor at Tufts University School of Medicine. He has been a coach for the Wellesley football, baseball, softball, and soccer youth teams. When he’s not seeing patients or teaching students, Dr. Rockett’s outside interests include art history, ancient Greece and Rome, and spy novels.
Since 2012, Dr. Rockett enjoys being the Head Orthopedic Surgeon for the CrossFit® Games. Additionally, he is a triathlete and CrossFit® Level One Certified. He is the author of the injury prevention website for athletes called: 321gomd.com.
Dr. Rockett is certified by the
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Rockett has been recognized and awarded with:
- Vitals.com Patients’ Choice Massachusetts’ Favorite Physician Award – 5 Year Honoree (2013-2017, 2019)
- Boston Magazine Top Doctor (2017, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Regional Top Doctors
- Vitals.com On-Time Doctor Award (2014-2015, 2020)
- Vitals.com Patients’ Choice Award (2008-2016, 2021)
- Vitals.com Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012-2016, 2020)
- Vitals.com Top 10™ Doctor Recognition: Massachusetts, Greater Boston Area, City-Newton Lower Falls & Neighborhood-Waban (2014)
- Vitals.com Compassionate Doctor Award – 5 Year Honoree (2013-2016, 2020)
- Vitals.com Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009-2016)
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors: Othopaedic Surgery, Newton (2019)
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors (2012-2013, 2016)
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors: Boston™ (2009)
Dr. Rockett's Memberships:
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Massachusetts Orthopaedic Association
- Subspecialty Certificate in Sports Medicine
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Massachusetts Medical Society
Dr. Rockett's Official Team Affiliations:
- Natick High School
- Belmont Hill School
- St. Sebastian’s School
- Wayland High School
Meet Our Physician Assistants
At Orthopedics New England, our physician assistants work closely with our physicians to provide the highest level of care for our patients.